Instantly transcribe voice messages to text on your phone with AI 🤯
If you have friends that love to send you impossibly long voice messages or you simply like to record audio notes, this is for you.
It works with audio notes from WhatsApp, iMessage, Telegram or any audio file, even your own voice memos.
Here you see it in action ↓
(In the example above, I select use an audio message from whatsapp)
Use it to:
- Convert annoyingly long audio messages to text
- Draft content or emails just by talking
- Or transcribe your notes and thoughts
My speech-to-text automation uses Whisper AI (from the same guys of ChatGPT) to convert audio to text with mind-blowing accuracy in seconds.
This Shortcut is 10 times more accurate than Alexa, Siri, Google or anything you have ever tried 😎
Don’t believe me? Just give it a go!
First tho you have to download my Shortcut.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Copy the Shortcut by opening this link with Safari and copy Whisper AI mobile.
- If you don’t have it, you should create an OpenAI API key and copy it.
- Open the Whisper AI mobile Shortcut by clicking on the three dots ••• icon
- Replace the text in the second step, “PASTE YOUR API KEY HERE” with your OpenAI API Key (which will be a complex string of random letters and numbers)
That’s it, you’re good to go!
Now you should try it.
- You can scan an audio message you already have via the share tray (like the one above)
- By creating a “tile” button on your home screen to record a new audio note (like the example below)
Once triggered, the Shortcut will automatically pre-populate the input field with the text you might have copied.
Ready to be read or pasted whenever you prefer 😉
If you see something like the image below after the automation has run, this is how to fix it.
There are two possible reasons:
- The most likely cause is that your free trial has ended. You can check it by clicking here. If that’s so, you need to add your credit card. Don’t worry, it’s super cheap: 0,006$ per minute of transcription. Also, you can set up a hard monthly limit from your billing settings.
- You didn’t paste the API key correctly, or there’s a problem. The easiest way is to create a new API key (you don’t need to delete the old one). You can have as many keys as you want; it won’t affect functionality or cost.
PS: This automation also works on iPad and Mac
Ready to unleash the power of automation in your company? Send me a message to schedule a 15 min call 🚀
Liked it? Follow me on Linkedin (where I post 2/3 times a week) and consider subscribing to the newsletter by scrolling down to the bottom of the page!