Use ChatGPT from anywhere on your phone with this GPT iPhone Shortcut.
You can use this iPhone automation to do all sorts of nifty stuff, like replying to emails or messages, translating text, or correcting typos. You can even use it in combination with other Shortcuts. Just play with it 😄
(In the example above, I select the text from an email and ask the AI automation to write a short reply)
You can create your own Shortcut or just copy and save mine.
Here’s how to set it up:
- Copy the Shortcut by opening this link with Safari and copy ChatGPT3 mobile Shortcut
- If you don’t have it, you should create an OpenAI API key and copy it (if you don’t use it like crazy, it will always be free)
- Open the ChatGPT3 mobile Shortcut by clicking on the three dots ••• icon
- Replace the text in the second step, “ADD API KEY HERE” with your OpenAI API Key (which will be a complex string of random letters and numbers)
That’s it, you’re all set 😎
Now you should try it. There are 3 ways to trigger it:
- Via the share tray
- By creating a “tile” button on your home screen (like at the beginning of the video)
- Using 3 back taps via the Accessibility assistant (Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Back Tap. You didn’t know this one didn’t you 😄)
Once triggered, the ChatGPT3 mobile Shortcut will automatically prepopulate the input field with the text you might have copied.
If your clipboard is empty – you didn’t copy anything – the prompt will start as blank. If you don’t like it, you can remove the default value in the Shortcut.
Edit or add the prompt and let the automation run. Once done, paste the result.
If you don’t like the result you can “Ask again”.
Want to use it with Siri? Copy this Shortcut by Joe Kennedy which is the model I’ve used for mine!
Do you prefer the automation to do something specific every time? Duplicate the Shortcut and add a command at the beginning of the prompt in the Shortcut step like: “Translate to Spanish: “
PS: It also works on iPad and Mac
Liked it? Follow me on Linkedin (where I post 2/3 times a week) and consider subscribing to the newsletter by scrolling down to the bottom of the page!
Want to be more efficient in your work?
Start automating your operations 🚀
Workflows automation doesn’t need to start big, let’s begin with the easy wins! Make the first step to automation